Arai GP-7 SCR helmet and ABT version
The Arai GP-7 SCR is the new carbon helmet from Arai Helmets for car racing. The helmet conforms to the new FIA standard 8860-2018, which is the safest one of its kind among the top-end helmets on the market.
This helmet has incredible strength thanks to its carbon fiber shell. Read more technical information here.
The Arai GP-7 SCR is for car racing, while the ABT version is for formula racing. The difference between the two helmets is that the ABT version has about 1 cm less space vertically in the visor field. This is due to flying objects in formula racing. The ABT also stands for Advanced Ballistic Protection and is a protection against flying projectiles.
These models come without mounted top vents fitted. In each helmet box, you will find various ventilation ducts, so you can add them depending on the type of racing car you are driving and your preferences. Included is:
• Performance Enhancement Device (PED) Kit (spoiler set, front and rear)
• Screw Kit (4 x torx, 4 x washers, and 1 x pressure plate set)
• Vent Kit (7 x Tear Duct, 2 x TDF3, 1 x XDB2)
• Post anchor set
• Torx (T20) screwdriver
• Sticker set (2 x 11cm, 2 x 9cm with masking film for custom painting, and 2 x 5.5cm)
• A clear visor. Colored visors can be added here.
Be aware that the helmet is only available in XS, Small, Medium and Large. Large is only size 59, and not 59-60.